Can you NOT afford Life Insurance?
Two things in American Life are certain ... death and taxes. We can help with some of the preparations for one of these by offering you Life Insurance. Life Insurance covers your expenses after you are no longer there to pay it (loans, college or final expenses).
Two Sides of the Coin
There are two main types of Life Insurance that our agency offers…Whole Life and Term Life (and many sub-catogories in each!) In a broad stroke, Whole Life Insurance will remain in force your whole life; Life Insurance that is purchased for a preset length of time is Term Life Insurance.
Life Insurance may sound important, but why buy now? Isn't it expensive? Do young, single, or healthy people even need it? Surprisingly, "4 in 10 Millenials think a term life insurance policy costs more than $1,000 a year, more than 5x its actual cost! It can pay off loans and provide support for aging parents" (LIFE). But it only gets more expensive to buy with each birthday. Need more convincing? Here's our Top Ten Reasons to Have Life Insurance.
Top Ten Reasons for Having Life Insurance:
1. A Chicken Dinner Fundraiser after you’re gone will not raise enough money to take care of your children or your spouse.
2. Life Insurance is like a parachute…..if you don’t have it the first time you need it, there is no second chance.
3. Buy when you’re young and healthy – it’s easier to get and less expensive.
4. To cover burial and other final expenses.
5. To help replace your lost income in your household.
6. To help pay off a mortgage, car loan, or other home expenses.
7. Thinking about having Life Insurance doesn’t protect your family…acting does.
8. Because you have a co-signer on your Student Loans.
9. Because you want to leave one last final gift to those you love.
10. Because you don’t buy Life Insurance because you are going to die, but because those you love are going to live.
Not sure where to start when it comes to Life Insurance? An Insurance Professional can help navigate what can seem to be the murky waters of Life Insurance. Stop in or make an appointment for free so we can go over these options with you.
The Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education (LIFE). (n.d.). Retrieved September 15, 2017, from http://www.lifehappens.org/