Personal Lines Auto Insurance includes private passenger automobiles. Private passenger automobiles are those four-wheeled vehicles that are not used for business. Common examples are cars, pickup-trucks, and SUVs. (For motorcycles, please click HERE)


Auto insurance can be confusing.  Here are a few descriptions of some coverages, so you can make a better decision about your policy. For a more complete list of personal auto insurance terms, please click the link below.

Policy Terms


In case of an at-fault accident, Liability coverage will pay what you owe to someone else. It is usually split into two parts; Bodily Injury (BI) and Property Damage (PD). BI is again split with a limit per person/accident.


Medical Payments

Medical Payments cover the medical expenses of you and your passengers in case of an at-fault accident.


Uninsured Motorists

If you are in an accident that is the fault of the other driver, and if the other driver is uninsured or under-insured, your Uninsured Motorists coverage will cover and pay you.



Collision coverage pays for damage to your car in the case of a collision. This coverage is optional and has a separate deductible.


Comprehensive (Comp) - Also called "Other than Collision"

Comprehensive coverage covers damage to your car that is not your fault. A few prime examples are windshield claims, damage due to wind or hail, or damage due to animals. This coverage is optional and has a separate deductible.



Towing coverage covers the towing charge for when your car breaks down; if your car needs towed after an accident, the coverage for any towing charge would be under comprehensive or collision coverage. This coverage is optional.


Rental Reimbursement

If your car is in the shop after an accident, the cost to rent a car will be covered under Rental Reimbursement. This coverage is optional.